Sunday 2 April 2017

STAMPlorations~ April Mixed Media Challenge

Happy Sunday everyone, it's that time again for a new challenge over at
http://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2017/03/stencil-sunday-march-5.html

The theme is always anything mixed media goes, except a card! Just remember you must use at least one stencil (any brand) in your project. You have until the end of the month to play!   

 This month, I made an art card from an old Library Card using ARTplorations Honeycomb Delight Mini Stencil and STAMPlorations Trendy Butterflies 2
 I started by covering my card with old book paper then applying texture paste thru the Honeycomb Delight Mini Stencil. Once dry, I applied a light Gesso wash. I added some Dylusions Postbox Red Spray at the top and let it run down. Once dry, I splattered with black paint mixed with a bit of water. 
I stamped the Largest butterfly from the Trendy Butterflies 2 set onto acetate with black StazOn Ink and fussy cut it. I then stamped the image again onto old paper and cut it out but applied it to the card face down, as I only wanted the silhouette of the stamp so the text from the paper shows thru the acetate. I traced around the butterfly with a black watercolor pencil and waterbrush to add some shading. I stamped a sentiment in the top left corner and finished with some washi tapes and adhered it to black cardstock. 
There, we have it, another fun make using the fabulous stamps and stencils from STAMPlorations. :o) I sure hope I've inspired you to get crafty and join in our challenge.