Monday 23 January 2017

Bloobel Progressive Challenge #1~ I must Protest!

Good evening crafty friends, I'm here today with a journal page I created using the "I must Protest" Digi from
https://www.bloobel.com/blogs/news/bloobel-progressive-challenge-january-2017
As soon as I saw the image we got to play with this month, I had an idea of having jumbled letters flowing out behind her. So she needs to SPEAK UP to get her words out to be heard. At least that's what I was trying to convey. ;o) LOL!


I created the background by layering old book paper and Tim Holtz Melange Tissue Paper. I then did a Gesso wash. Once it was dry, I used Acrylic paint in Azur Blue and Crimson mixed with Golden Glazing Medium. I blotted off some of the color with a baby wipe. I like the texture this "new to me" technique gave and will definitely using glazing medium again. ;o) I stenciled Dylusions Staggered Brickwork stencil in behind to create a "Wall" in Grey Acrylic Paint and highlighted a few with my White Uni-Posca Pen and then stamped Stampin' Up "Wordsearch" in Blue Hawaii StazOn Midi. I cut out some Upper and Lower case letters using my Curio and then colored some with Distress Paints and adhered them using Gel Medium. I then added some splatters with Dylusions Ink Sprays (White Linen, Crushed Grape and Cherry Pie) for more added texture and color.

I printed this little protester onto watercolor paper and heat set it then used Distress Markers and Waterbrush pen to watercolor. I added some white highlights with my White Uni-Posca Pen and used Ranger's Glossy Accents on her eyes as I wanted them to be bulging from her yelling...which is why I made her a little "Red in the face"...It's hard work yelling  don't ya know? hehehe I finished with some black shading on the  right side of her using a Watercolor pencil and watercolor brush.

I stamped my sentiments with Tim Holtz Mini Worn Text, Just Cre8 Scratched TailGB  and small text letters from Michael's onto tissue paper and used Gel Medium to adhere them down.



Thank you for stoppin' by tonight and  hope I've inspired you to be creative today. :o)


1 comment:

Sharon Smith said...

Great protest! Love how you've brought out the anger in her face! She looks ready to hit someone with that sign. The letters behind her really mirror what the sentiment says. Good luck with the challenge xx